NOTICE: SOME OF THE CONTENT BELOW IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND CONTAINS DETAILS FROM ONE OR MORE CITY OF NEW YORK PUBLICATIONS.
CITY OF NEW YORK
LOCAL LAW 196 OF 2017
CONSTRUCTION SAFETY TRAINING
SITE SAFETY TRAINING IDENTIFICATION CARD
Excerpt from The City of New York – Local Law 196 of 2017
“On October 16, 2017, New York City Local Law (196 of 2017) (“LL196” or “Local Law”) went into effect requiring many construction workers to complete site safety training courses and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training. The following guideline was developed to assist Site Safety Training Course Providers seeking to implement an identification card program.”
“The NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) is requiring that each worker carry a unique identification card containing the following features:”
“DOB recommends that each card have a unique identification card number, a photo of the person to whom it was issued, the printed name and signature of the card holder, date of course completion, expiration date, name and address of provider of issuance and a summary description of the type of training and number of credit hours completed.”
The Schultheis & Panettieri, LLP Information Technology Group can provide the software tools to assist you in complying with the following City of New York Site Safety Training (SST) requirements:
- Printing of Site Safety Training Cards that meet all New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) requirements.
- Creation of a secure, hosted, encrypted web site for SST course verifications allowing the DOB and contractors to verify SST cards in real time.
- Full integration with your in-house training application or provide you with a fully functional training system that includes:
a. Lesson/course management
b. Online lesson and course sign up
c. Attendance tracking
e. Issuance and tracking of certifications
f. Training equipment management.
City of New York Published Information Documents
- Local Law 196 of 2017 Construction Safety Training – LL196_SafetyPres.pdf
- NYC Buildings SITE SAFETY COURSE PROVIDER Implementation Guidelines – site_safety_id_card_guidelines.pdf
- Local Law 196 Reminders and Updates – ll196_updates_sn.pdf
- Local Laws of the City of New York for the year 2017 no. 196 – ll196of2017.pdf