Over the past several years there have been numerous regulatory changes from governmental agencies including the DOL, IRS, and PBGC affecting single and multiemployer benefit funds. These regulatory changes have had a significant impact on Funds’ reporting, funding, and filing requirements, participant and employer disclosures, and have resulted in focused audits of employee benefit funds by the various regulatory agencies. Because of the substantial resources we dedicate to ensuring that we are educated and knowledgeable of current events affecting the industry we serve and our experience assisting clients with governmental agency audits, we believe we are uniquely qualified to assist both trustees and administrators to navigate the waters during these ever-changing times.
We provide services for single employer and multiemployer welfare funds, defined contribution (“Annuity & 401(k)”) pension funds, defined benefit pension funds, vacation funds, apprenticeship training funds, supplemental unemployment benefit funds, legal services funds, and scholarship funds.
The services we provide to these Funds include, but are not limited to:
- Audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements. Click here for a more detailed description of these services.
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Assistance/preparation of required Department of Labor filings (Forms 5500, 8955-SSA)
- Assistance/preparation of required IRS Forms (990-N, 990-EZ, 990, 990-T, FinCEN Report 114, 1099, W-2).
- Preparation of expense allocation studies.
- Preparation of internal control studies.
- Information technology consulting. Click here for more information on our IT Group.
- Assisting clients in establishing new, merging, or terminating employee benefit funds.
- General accounting/system consulting.